From: Ora_DBA on
I have a question about configuring Oracle RAC. I have never done any
RAC or ASM installation before. Might be a stupid question for some of
you.

Is it possible to install Oracle RAC using following options?

2 node RAC ( 2 unix machines running two oracle instances) using Sun
Solaris.
Shared Storage using ASM in Windows server

Any additional information that you can provide will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance
From: Mark D Powell on
On May 26, 9:52 pm, Ora_DBA <sanjaydharmadhik...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a question about configuring Oracle RAC. I have never done any
> RAC or ASM installation before. Might be a stupid question for some of
> you.
>
> Is it possible to install Oracle RAC using following options?
>
> 2 node RAC ( 2 unix machines running two oracle instances) using Sun
> Solaris.
> Shared Storage using ASM in Windows server
>
> Any additional information that you can provide will be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance

ASM would need to run on the SUN cluster. I would also expect Oracle
Clusterware to be installed on the cluster and the ASM would be RAC.

UNIX and Windows servers can share storage devices however every
storage device I know of partitions its disk so some of the storage is
seen by Windows and some is by UNIX. There is no sharing between the
two.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --