From: Kerry on
I am looking to be able to put values in the order of 1 to 5 in a range of
cells based on the order of values in another range - as an example the
values in range (row) one may be 12,36,25,40,19 which would result in this
being shown in the 'order' range as 5,2,3,1,4. Hope this makes sense
From: Mike H on
Hi,

Let's assume these numbers are in A1 to E1. Put this in A2 and drag right

=RANK(A1,$A$1:$E$1)
--
Mike

question.

From: Pete_UK on
Suppose you had those values 12, 36, 25, 40, 19 in cells A1 to E1,
then you can put this formula in A2:

=RANK(A1,$A1:$E1)

and copy this across to E2 to give you the numbers you require.

Hope this helps.

Pete