From: user1 on
none wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 09:39:45 -0700, Al Greynolds wrote:
>
>> Is there any other source for up-to-date binary Windows ("native" not
>> Cygwin) installations of Gfortran instead of the ones provided by
>> equation.com?
>>
>> The problem is that McAfee (FreeScan) detects a virus in their weekly
>> downloads (going back to late last year). In all likelyhood its a
>> false positive but in my communication with them they were somewhat
>> evasive, putting all the blame on MacAfees "toy algorithm" since
>> Microsoft's Securtity Center did not detect a problem. Now McAfee has
>> been at virus protection far longer than Microsoft, so I suggested
>> they file a standard "dispute" report with McAfee and at least perform
>> a FreeScan on their build machine. They would not confirm that they
>> did either.
>>
>> Al Greynolds
>> www.ruda-cardinal.com
>
> AVG also flags that there is a virus, but I chose (a) to ignore the
> message and keep the file and (b) not install the file until I *really*
> needed it. With two virus engines detecting a problem I'm rather more
> nervous about installing it!

I seem to remember AVG saying something was wrong in gcov.exe. I'm not
sure what gcov.exe does, but I deleted it with no apparent ill effect.
I'm not sure if the problem was limited to the equation.com builds.

From: Jerry DeLisle on
Al Greynolds wrote:
> On Mar 19, 9:51 am, Jason Blevins <jrble...(a)sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
>> On 2010-03-19, Al Greynolds <awgreyno...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Is there any other source for up-to-date binary Windows ("native" not
>>> Cygwin) installations of Gfortran instead of the ones provided by
>>> equation.com?
>> There are a couple of other Windows builds listed here:
>>
>> http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortranBinaries
>>
>> Jason
>
> This is where I used to get my installations but they are no longer
> being kept up-to-date: no latest 4.4.3 release and no 4.5 "beta".

I do the Cygwin binary at the above link and update it roughly monthly. I may
be a bit behind. If you do need a more recent version of 4.5, just drop me a
note and I will build latest and put it on the server.

Regards,

Jerry
From: Arjen Markus on
On 19 mrt, 22:14, user1 <us...(a)example.net> wrote:
> none wrote:
> > On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 09:39:45 -0700, Al Greynolds wrote:
>
> >> Is there any other source for up-to-date binary Windows ("native" not
> >> Cygwin) installations of Gfortran instead of the ones provided by
> >> equation.com?
>
> >> The problem is that McAfee (FreeScan) detects a virus in their weekly
> >> downloads (going back to late last year).  In all likelyhood its a
> >> false positive but in my communication with them they were somewhat
> >> evasive, putting all the blame on MacAfees "toy algorithm" since
> >> Microsoft's Securtity Center did not detect a problem.  Now McAfee has
> >> been at virus protection far longer than Microsoft, so I suggested
> >> they file a standard "dispute" report with McAfee and at least perform
> >> a FreeScan on their build machine.  They would not confirm that they
> >> did either.
>
> >> Al Greynolds
> >>www.ruda-cardinal.com
>
> > AVG also flags that there is a virus, but I chose (a) to ignore the
> > message and keep the file and (b) not install the file until I *really*
> > needed it. With two virus engines detecting a problem I'm rather more
> > nervous about installing it!
>
> I seem to remember AVG saying something was wrong in gcov.exe. I'm not
> sure what gcov.exe does, but I deleted it with no apparent ill effect.
> I'm not sure if the problem was limited to the equation.com builds.- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

gcov determines the test coverage - so what portion of the code has
actually
been run. Its use requires a specific compiler option.

Regards,

Arjen