From: Al Greynolds on
Is there any other source for up-to-date binary Windows ("native" not
Cygwin) installations of Gfortran instead of the ones provided by
equation.com?

The problem is that McAfee (FreeScan) detects a virus in their weekly
downloads (going back to late last year). In all likelyhood its a
false positive but in my communication with them they were somewhat
evasive, putting all the blame on MacAfees "toy algorithm" since
Microsoft's Securtity Center did not detect a problem. Now McAfee has
been at virus protection far longer than Microsoft, so I suggested
they file a standard "dispute" report with McAfee and at least perform
a FreeScan on their build machine. They would not confirm that they
did either.

Al Greynolds
www.ruda-cardinal.com
From: Jason Blevins on
On 2010-03-19, Al Greynolds <awgreynolds(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
> Is there any other source for up-to-date binary Windows ("native" not
> Cygwin) installations of Gfortran instead of the ones provided by
> equation.com?

There are a couple of other Windows builds listed here:

http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortranBinaries

Jason
From: Al Greynolds on
On Mar 19, 9:51 am, Jason Blevins <jrble...(a)sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> On 2010-03-19, Al Greynolds <awgreyno...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > Is there any other source for up-to-date binary Windows ("native" not
> > Cygwin) installations of Gfortran instead of the ones provided by
> > equation.com?
>
> There are a couple of other Windows builds listed here:
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortranBinaries
>
> Jason

This is where I used to get my installations but they are no longer
being kept up-to-date: no latest 4.4.3 release and no 4.5 "beta".
From: Jason Blevins on
On 2010-03-19, Al Greynolds <awgreynolds(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
> On Mar 19, 9:51 am, Jason Blevins <jrble...(a)sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
>> On 2010-03-19, Al Greynolds <awgreyno...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>> > Is there any other source for up-to-date binary Windows ("native" not
>> > Cygwin) installations of Gfortran instead of the ones provided by
>> > equation.com?
>>
>> There are a couple of other Windows builds listed here:
>>
>> http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortranBinaries
>
> This is where I used to get my installations but they are no longer
> being kept up-to-date: no latest 4.4.3 release and no 4.5 "beta".

There are several links there. This one, in particular,
has up to date builds of 4.5 from yesterday:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/

I don't have any experience with any of these, but this page seems
to have some installation instructions:

http://mingw.org/wiki/Getting_Started

--
Jason Blevins
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Economics, Duke University
From: Al Greynolds on
Thanks Jason. I hadn't checked the MinGW site for quite some time.

Al