From: Terry on
Hi,
When I start up MS Outlook 2000 I sometimes (not always) get the following
error msg:

The extension configuration file
"C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office\addins\mcou.ecf" could not be installed.
There is an error in the syntax or format of the file.
Error in configuration file "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office\addins\mcou.ecf".

When I click "OK" everything seems to proceed w/o problems, at least that I
can see. Anyone have any idea what this means, whether or not it matters, &
what if anything I can or should do about it?
(I am running Windows XP Pro, Kaspersky Internet Suite 7.0.1.325 & my
Outlook 2000 version is 9.0.0.2711.)
Thanks!
--
Terry

From: Diane Poremsky {MVP} on
That's apparently a Kaspersky installed dll - have you checked their forums
for a solution yet? If you disabled email scanning by Kaspersky, then find
and delete the extend.dat file.
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/filepath.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-subscribe-request(a)lists.outlooktips.net

EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST(a)PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **