From: Constantine on
I have Outlook 2002 installed on both of my computers. My laptop is running
windows XP and my desktop is equipped with Vista. Outlook is doing very
well on my laptop but it refuses to remember my password on the desktop. Is
there anything I can do to make Outlook 2002 and Vista get along? I have
tried reinstalling office XP a number of times with no luck. I have also
used my recovery disk to start my HP computer from scratch, that is a clean
install. Nothing seems to help. Outlook still refuses to remember my
password. Every time that I open Outlook I am required to enter my password
even though I checked the box that tells Outlook to remember my password. I
have also tried all of the suggestions and read all the bulletins available
from Microsoft, nothing seems to help. I have no problem whatsoever using
Windows Mail on my Vista machine. I would like to be able to use Outlook
with all the bells and whistles on my Vista machine and it seems so far that
the only way I can get there is by upgrading my Microsoft office suite which
I am not inclined to do because of the expense.

Thanks for listening and hopefully for your help in solving my problem.

--
Constantine
ctolkach(a)pacbell.net

From: Tom Willett on
Outlook 2002 and Vista are not compatible. There is no fix for the password
issue.

Outlook 2002 is 3 generations behind.
:
: Thanks for listening and hopefully for your help in solving my problem.
:
: --
: Constantine
: ctolkach(a)pacbell.net
:

From: Peter Foldes on
There is a workaround. See the following

http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

From: Orland, Kathleen on
Vista is not compatible with such an old version of Outlook. You can try to
set up your account using Corporate workgroup mode but you will continue to
experience compatibility issues with an 8 year old e-mail client.

--

Kathleen Orland
Please support me in my efforts: SPCA Friends for Life 2010 Walk-A-Thon