From: Scott on
I have a user with multiple monitors(2 set up using extended desktop)
running Windows XP Pro. WHat they would like to have happen is click one
icon and have Outlook open on monitor 1 and then click another icon and have
a second instance of Outlook open on monitor 2. Is this possible? Anyone
figure out how to do this? The problem that i run in to is that Win XP
always see's multiple instances of Outlook as one "program" and it cannot
distinquish each Outlook icon as running a unique instance of Outlook. About
the only thing i have accomplished is having Outlook always open on the same
monitor but every instance opened after the fact (via different Outlook
shortcut icons - desktop and quick launch) alaways opens on the same monitor

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Scott" <someone(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message

>I have a user with multiple monitors(2 set up using extended desktop) running
>Windows XP Pro. WHat they would like to have happen is click one icon and
>have Outlook open on monitor 1 and then click another icon and have a second
>instance of Outlook open on monitor 2. Is this possible? Anyone figure out
>how to do this? The problem that i run in to is that Win XP always see's
>multiple instances of Outlook as one "program" and it cannot distinquish each
>Outlook icon as running a unique instance of Outlook. About the only thing i
>have accomplished is having Outlook always open on the same monitor but every
>instance opened after the fact (via different Outlook shortcut icons -
>desktop and quick launch) alaways opens on the same monitor

I don't think this can be done. Multiple montors in Windows aren't handled
that way, as far as I can tell.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
you can only ever have one outlook profile open at a time. You can open
multiple windows, with one on each monitor (ie calendar and mail).

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: Scott on
The user currently does this...opens Outlook(same profile) twice(2 windows)
then drags one window to monitor 2. was just trying to determine if there
was a way to have this happen automatically...whatever automatic may
entail...is there any hotkey command (Win XP Pro)that could be captured in a
..cmd or .bat file that would tell a program to move to monitor 2? I swear at
one time this worked...user clicked icon on desktop and Outlook opened on
mon 1 and then clicked icon in quick launch then Outlook window 2 opened on
monitor #2...maybe this functionality was a fluke. understand that even
though Outlook may have 2 windows of same profile open but as far as
Windows...its only running once.

From: Scott on