From: mda on
I have Outlook 2003 running on Vista Ultimate 64. I had set up my MSN
accounts to be downloaded through that using HTTP, but Microsoft will
terminate the DAV protocol as of June 30th so, per their suggestion, I
downloaded Outlook Connector to handle them with DeltaSynch. I
installed it but I made a mistake of not removing the HTTP accounts
from my profile and this practically caused a corruption of Outlook
that is now hunting me.
As a matter of facts ever since I had the following list of problem.
- When I tried to remove the HTTP accounts I received the error that
the stores couldn't be removed. In order to remove them I resorted to
remove the data files from the Control Panel.
- I could not recreate the HTTP accounts as if I do it from Outlook it
gives me an error (The requested operation failed) and if I do it from
the Control Panel it doesn't create the information stores (.pst) and
essentially they don't work (don't send or receive any mail without
any error though).
- I tried to remove the profile and cleanup the profile section
registry (as this seemed the only solution from other postings), but
when I created the new profile with just a POP3 account this
practically did not work as the Data File (.pst) was not created
(Outlook terminated with "Unable to open your default e-mail folders.
Outlook could not start because the data file to send and receive mail
could not be found" error). I tried to add it manually and it did not
work either (this time with a "Unable to display folder - The
information store could not be opened" error), so I resorted to use
the .pst file I had before successfully. Once I am able to access the
profile, I can create from the control panel new .pst and get the mail
delivered there without problems, but still no chance with HTTP
accounts.
- The same of HTTP accounts happens for IMAP accounts like Gmail.
- I tried to repair the installation, reinstall, and uninstall and
reinstall Office but nothing works.
- I resorted on using POP3 for Gmail and Windows Live Mail for only
the MSN accounts.
Any hint on how I can solve this as I would dearly like to use Outlook
to handle all my mail accounts?
It seems to me as if Outlook has lost the ability to properly create
Information Stores and link them automatically to accounts and there
is way to manually configure pst to handle HTTP or IMAP accounts.
Thanks,
MDA
From: mda on
On Apr 26, 8:48 am, mda <mda1...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I have Outlook 2003 running on Vista Ultimate 64. I had set up my MSN
> accounts to be downloaded through that using HTTP, but Microsoft will
> terminate the DAV protocol as of June 30th so, per their suggestion, I
> downloaded Outlook Connector to handle them with DeltaSynch. I
> installed it but I made a mistake of not removing the HTTP accounts
> from my profile and this practically caused a corruption of Outlook
> that is now hunting me.
> As a matter of facts ever since I had the following list of problem.
> - When I tried to remove the HTTP accounts I received the error that
> the stores couldn't be removed. In order to remove them I resorted to
> remove the data files from the Control Panel.
> - I could not recreate the HTTP accounts as if I do it from Outlook it
> gives me an error (The requested operation failed) and if I do it from
> the Control Panel it doesn't create the information stores (.pst) and
> essentially they don't work (don't send or receive any mail without
> any error though).
> - I tried to remove the profile and cleanup the profile section
> registry (as this seemed the only solution from other postings), but
> when I created the new profile with just a POP3 account this
> practically did not work as the Data File (.pst) was not created
> (Outlook terminated with "Unable to open your default e-mail folders.
> Outlook could not start because the data file to send and receive mail
> could not be found" error). I tried to add it manually and it did not
> work either (this time with a "Unable to display folder - Theinformation store could not be opened" error), so I resorted to use
> the .pst file I had before successfully. Once I am able to access the
> profile, I can create from the control panel new .pst and get the mail
> delivered there without problems, but still no chance with HTTP
> accounts.
> - The same of HTTP accounts happens for IMAP accounts like Gmail.
> - I tried to repair the installation, reinstall, and uninstall and
> reinstall Office but nothing works.
> - I resorted on using POP3 for Gmail and Windows Live Mail for only
> the MSN accounts.
> Any hint on how I can solve this as I would dearly like to use Outlook
> to handle all my mail accounts?
> It seems to me as if Outlook has lost the ability to properly create
> Information Stores and link them automatically to accounts and there
> is way to manually configure pst to handle HTTP or IMAP accounts.
> Thanks,
> MDA

An additional information: also the Safe Senders list is not saved
when I exit Outlook. Is it something related?
Thanks,
MDA