From: Steve on
When I click on a web link in an email message, instead of IE opening I get
the message "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect
on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". This problem
seems to have appeared from nowhere as the links worked perfectly well in the
past.
Any ideas?
From: VanguardLH on
Steve wrote:

> When I click on a web link in an email message, instead of IE opening I get
> the message "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect
> on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". This problem
> seems to have appeared from nowhere as the links worked perfectly well in the
> past.
> Any ideas?

You are claiming that you have no knowledge of how to perform online
searches? Google still works:
http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B%22operation+has+been%22+cancelled+canceled+%2B%22due+to+restrictions+in+effect+on+this+computer%22

Operation canceled due to restrictions:
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm