From: MacGuiver on
If I start up MS Outlook 2003 first thing in the morning it opens quite
quickly. But, if I start my computer up and go to open Outlook at some time
later in the day it takes ages to start up and usually hangs (Not
responding).
"End Program" causes the next attempt to start Outlook resulting in an error
"Outlook has not been closed properly".
Windows XP is in use, with Internet Explorer 7.

* All Service packs are installed (Windows and Office).
* Repairing Outlook has no effect.

I just don't get why the time of day should have such an effect.
Any ideas anyone?

From: DL on
Maybe some program you are using is not releasing its memory.
What amount of memory do you have and how much free space on C?