From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"jekeesl" <jekeesl(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Russ, I haven't activated Fax Transport on this system. Is there any chance
> that this problem could be caused by the Outlook.pst file? If so, would it
> be repairable with the scanpst.exe utility?

There's nothing in the PST itself that would cause Outlook to initiate a
send/receive at any time, let alone every minute. That said, a scanpst run
periodically can't hurt for maintenance purposes.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: jekeesl on
Okay. That too-frequent scan isn't hurting anything now, because my
connection is fast enough to get all mail in less than a minute. But if I
have any further issues, I'll definitely create a new profile as suggested
earlier.

Thanks for your help!

From: Tom Willett on

: Okay. That too-frequent scan isn't hurting anything now, because my
: connection is fast enough to get all mail in less than a minute. But if I
: have any further issues, I'll definitely create a new profile as suggested
: earlier.

Having it check for mail every minute or less will most likely lead to
corruption of the profile as well as loss of the mail, including that
already stored in your inbox.

From: jekeesl on
Sigh - I guess that convinces me that I need to set up new profile. Those
linked instructions from earlier were pretty clear, so I don't expect
problems. Thanks everybody for your help.

From: jekeesl on
I didn't know if I needed to start a new post, so will add to this thread.

I set up a new profile in Outlook, and it pulled my Hotmail and AT&T mail in
properly. However, Outlook still checks for mail every 60 seconds or so, in
spite of the settings for this profile (default settings) existing as
follows:

1. send/receive when connected
2. schedule automatic send/receive every 30 minutes

Since changing profiles did not stop Outlook from checking for mail too
often, I removed the test profile. Do you have further steps that may
resolve this issue?

> Sigh - I guess that convinces me that I need to set up new profile. Those
> linked instructions from earlier were pretty clear, so I don't expect
> problems. Thanks everybody for your help.
>
> "Tom Willett" <tom(a)youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "jekeesl" <jekeesl(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> : Okay. That too-frequent scan isn't hurting anything now, because my
>> : connection is fast enough to get all mail in less than a minute. But
>> if I
>> : have any further issues, I'll definitely create a new profile as
>> suggested
>> : earlier.
>>
>> Having it check for mail every minute or less will most likely lead to
>> corruption of the profile as well as loss of the mail, including that
>> already stored in your inbox.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Is Mail Edited