From: Matthew on
I had a POP3 account in Outlook and then we upgraded it to an Exchange
account with our host. They had me create a new profile for the Exchange
account in Outlook but I can't seem to figure out how to transfer my old
subfolder stored emails from the old POP3 to the Exchange server. When I
pull up the Exchange account in Outlook it doesn't show my POP3 stored
emails and vice versa... Is there an easy way to bring these folders over?
Or have I just configured something wrong?

From: Tom Willett on
This is a newsgroup for FrontPage web authoring software. You're in the
wrong place.
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
"Matthew" <billgates(a)microsoft.com> wrote in message
:I had a POP3 account in Outlook and then we upgraded it to an Exchange
: account with our host. They had me create a new profile for the Exchange
: account in Outlook but I can't seem to figure out how to transfer my old
: subfolder stored emails from the old POP3 to the Exchange server. When I
: pull up the Exchange account in Outlook it doesn't show my POP3 stored
: emails and vice versa... Is there an easy way to bring these folders over?
: Or have I just configured something wrong?
:
:

From: Bill Anderson on
Matthew wrote:
> I had a POP3 account in Outlook and then we upgraded it to an Exchange
> account with our host. They had me create a new profile for the Exchange
> account in Outlook but I can't seem to figure out how to transfer my old
> subfolder stored emails from the old POP3 to the Exchange server. When I
> pull up the Exchange account in Outlook it doesn't show my POP3 stored
> emails and vice versa... Is there an easy way to bring these folders over?
> Or have I just configured something wrong?

First, you really ought to ask this question in a newsgroup where
somebody cares.

Second, since you used the term vice versa, I assume you can bring up
either set of emails, just not both at once. If that's the case, I'd
create a new Outlook folder called "combined inbox" or something and
bring up one server and copy all my emails into it. Then I'd get out of
that server, bring up the other, and copy all those emails into
"combined inbox" too. Then they'd all be in one place and I could just
run Outlook off the server of my choice.

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog
From: Matthew on

"Tom Willett" <tom(a)youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote in message
> This is a newsgroup for FrontPage web authoring software. You're in the
> wrong place.
> --
lol...sorry... too many windows open at once...

From: Matthew on

"Bill Anderson" <billanderson601(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Matthew wrote:
>> I had a POP3 account in Outlook and then we upgraded it to an Exchange
>> account with our host. They had me create a new profile for the Exchange
>> account in Outlook but I can't seem to figure out how to transfer my old
>> subfolder stored emails from the old POP3 to the Exchange server. When I
>> pull up the Exchange account in Outlook it doesn't show my POP3 stored
>> emails and vice versa... Is there an easy way to bring these folders
>> over? Or have I just configured something wrong?
>
> First, you really ought to ask this question in a newsgroup where somebody
> cares.

yep..sorry about that... can you guess what the next news group listed after
Frontpage is in my news reader? :-)

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Share Point Services