From: Mike Croom on
Summary
I am getting 100% crashes on outlook 2007 whenever I use Instant Search from
within Outlook. Desktop Search is OK.
Have seen this before a long time ago but wanted to get advice

Config
Windows XP SP2, Outlook 2007 SP1, Exchange 2007 backend

What changed
It was OK before I reorganised my PST files (2 years's of corporate email)
ready for a new year

What I have tried
SCANPST on all PSTs and OST - no difference
reset and rebuild - no difference

What worked last time
"The failing DLL name gave a clue to look at the PSTs again.
I excluded each one in turn until search worked. One particular PST was the
issue, even after another PSTCHECK
I have archived all of the email out of that PST into a new one and dropped
the failing one."

Error Detail
Tombstone from event viewer is:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Microsoft Office 12
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 28/12/2007
Time: 13:04:18
User: N/A
Computer: XPSP2-MIKECROO
Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6212.1000, stamp 46e03e45,
faulting module mspst32.dll, version 12.0.6211.1000, stamp 46d4a823, debug?
0, fault address 0x000cf5a2.

Mike