From: Sharron on
Can I backup from my desktop to a flash drive and open it on my travel
laptop? Both have Outlook 2007 installed but are not networked. If its
do-able, how? Will it overwrite existing Personal Folder on laptop or open as
a separate Personal Folder file?
From: Gordon on

"Sharron" <Sharron(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I backup from my desktop to a flash drive and open it on my travel
> laptop? Both have Outlook 2007 installed but are not networked. If its
> do-able, how? Will it overwrite existing Personal Folder on laptop or open
> as
> a separate Personal Folder file?

Close Outlook on the desktop.
Copy the pst file to the flash drive.
On the laptop, copy the pst file to your Documents folder and remove any
Read-Only attribute.
Open Outlook and do File-Open-Outlook Data File.
This will open the pst as a separate set of Personal Folders.
HTH

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

See this for some ideas: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.asp
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Sharron on
Awesome! Worked like a charm. Thank you. Sharron

From: Sharron on
Thanks. Good resource.