From: kimos on
I run Office 2007 on a Windows 7 machine. One a week or so, when I open
Outlook, it doesn't appear on the screen. It must actually open because when
I reboot (the only "fix" I've found) the computer has to force a shutdown of
Outlook. Any ideas?
From: DL on
It generally means a third party add-in is interfering with Outlook,
possible integrated Anti Virus or phone sync tools.
If you open Task Manager you can end the outlook.exe process, which will
save you having to reboot

From: Jim Nugent on

"kimos" <kimos(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I run Office 2007 on a Windows 7 machine. One a week or so, when I open
> Outlook, it doesn't appear on the screen. It must actually open because
> when
> I reboot (the only "fix" I've found) the computer has to force a shutdown
> of
> Outlook. Any ideas?

Did you install any new add-ins? Try running Outlook in safe mode. See
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/safemode.htm

--
Jim