From: Mike on
Re.
Outlook 2003, SP3
Outlook Connector 12.0.6423.1000

* I only use Outlook Connector to sync with my Hotmail accounts.

I restarted Outlook and to my surprise got this warning:
"To continue accessing your mail using Microsoft Office Outlook, you must
upgrade to the latest version of Outlook Connector."

Options <Upgrade Now>, <Remind me later>
- I clicked <Remind me later>

I checked Microsoft downloads for the latest version of Outlook Connector
and see it is still the same 12.0.6423.1000 (3/27/2009)
So what's up?

q1.
Should I choose to <Upgrade Now> ?
What will the ramifications of this action be?

q2.
I discovered that there is now a 'Hotmail Outlook Connector 32-bit (beta)'
v14.0 available.
Would the be more suitable for my simple need to sync with my hotmail
instead of Outlook Connector ??

Until this is resolved. I cannot access hotmail via Outlook :-(

Thanks in advance.

From: Duncan McC on
In article <79BD9643-48EF-49FA-9F96-CB3685F98233(a)microsoft.com>,
Mike(a)discussions.microsoft.com says...

> Re.
> Outlook 2003, SP3
> Outlook Connector 12.0.6423.1000
>
> * I only use Outlook Connector to sync with my Hotmail accounts.
>
> I restarted Outlook and to my surprise got this warning:
> "To continue accessing your mail using Microsoft Office Outlook, you must
> upgrade to the latest version of Outlook Connector."
>
> Options <Upgrade Now>, <Remind me later>
> - I clicked <Remind me later>
>
> I checked Microsoft downloads for the latest version of Outlook Connector
> and see it is still the same 12.0.6423.1000 (3/27/2009)
> So what's up?
>
> q1.
> Should I choose to <Upgrade Now> ?
> What will the ramifications of this action be?
>
> q2.
> I discovered that there is now a 'Hotmail Outlook Connector 32-bit (beta)'
> v14.0 available.
> Would the be more suitable for my simple need to sync with my hotmail
> instead of Outlook Connector ??
>
> Until this is resolved. I cannot access hotmail via Outlook :-(
>
> Thanks in advance.

Have you not looked for the other Outlook Connector posts - all posted
today. :)

Install from the download location, direct link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e-
41f9-a175-f93e1377959f&displaylang=en

If you need the 64bit installer, it's at the bottom of the page (no it's
not the 32bit installer :)

If unable to unwrap that line into your browser, this has a download
link to that page:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx

The update, as many have found including me, is bugged.

--
Duncan.
From: francie on
I will be following any expert replies to your post b/c I went a few steps
further and clicked Upgrade Now following the wizards and various steps until
it was finished. I opened Outlook again only to get the same notice that I
needed to upgrade and went around in the same circle.

I restarted the computer, uninstalled Connector from my Control Panel,
installed the 12.1 version with the same results

So then I uninstalled that and installed the Hotmail Outlook Connector -
same deal.

So I'm still at the same point you are. Hope some helpful hints come our way

From: Mike on
UPDATE
======

A little searching shows that there are now multiple individuals with the
same issue the last few days, albeit lucky for me I did not choose the
<Upgrade Now> option!

Gripe 1.
--------
Very sloppy of Microsoft to let Outlook Connector become outdated requiring
another app. installed to replace it - AND a sloppy way to go about the
so-called 'Upgrade' process!

Ok
- A search in MS downloads shows Hotmail Connector (v14 beta) well ahead of
v14 (4/20/2010) - this order should be reversed!

Q1.
I download Hotmail Connector as suggested.
What is the correct procedure to install it? ie.
- uninstall Outlook Connector first, then install Hotmail Connector?
or
- keep Outlook Connector & install Hotmail Connector then hope for the best

Q2.
Why couldn't Outlook Connector have been updated by the usual Windows Office
update process?

Please advise the correct 'Hotmail Connector' over 'Outlook Connector'
install procedure?

Thanks again in advance.

From: Duncan McC on
Several helpful hints have been posted today on this subject - they all
point to the Version 14 connector installer - did you miss them? :)

Here's the link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e-
41f9-a175-f93e1377959f&displaylang=en

At the bottom of that page is a link to the 64bit installer (no it's not
the 32bit one as shown - yer on that page already :)

If you can't unwrap the above link into your browser, here's a page that
links to it:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx

--
Duncan.

In article <E9626291-E44F-4E55-82C4-08529BA78551(a)microsoft.com>,
francie(a)discussions.microsoft.com says...