From: scottb2 on

I have a folder hierarchy of

Public folders
All Public Folders
Dept
Distribution List

Distribution List has a DefaultItemType of "olContactItem" and a
DefaultMessageClass of "IPM.Contact".

I have scanned the folder chain and have a Folder object for
"Distribution List" if that helps.

I wish to take a list of Contacts and create a distribution list in
"Distribution List", of course :-) I understand that a DL contains only
a name and email address but my requirement is that the user be able to
see all of the contact information when clicking on a DL member.

Any help to accomplish this is appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

--
scottb2
http://forums.slipstick.com

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"scottb2" <scottb2.47b60n(a)invalid> wrote in message

> I wish to take a list of Contacts and create a distribution list in
> "Distribution List", of course :-) I understand that a DL contains only
> a name and email address but my requirement is that the user be able to
> see all of the contact information when clicking on a DL member.

DLs don't contain contact records or references to contact records. They
contain name/address pairs and nothing more. You'd have to look up the name
or address in the Contacts folder.

Again, programming questions should be asked in
microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]