From: Platinum Endless Events on
My Outlook is not responding at all. I click on the icon and nothing. It was
working yesterday and I am not sure what is going on. I have noticed over the
past few days, I see a pop up of the log in box appears first. I closed the
window and it works fine but today nothing is taking place.....any
suggestions? This is a business email so I need immediate access to it.

From: Bruce Hagen on
Outlook, or Outlook Express? They are not the same program.

If OE, start here.

When OE crashes or won't start
http://www.insideoe.com/problems/errors.htm#crash

(Hint: For better assistance, always start your own new thread instead of
hijacking an old one that isn't even on the MS news server any longer).
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

From: Bickford Shmeckler on
Outlook has nothing to do with Outlook Express.

"Platinum Endless Events" <PlatinumEndlessEvents(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:C50C91F2-3B84-4B46-9FC5-BBFA8A813DF5(a)microsoft.com...
: My Outlook is not responding at all. I click on the icon and nothing. It
was
: working yesterday and I am not sure what is going on. I have noticed over
the
: past few days, I see a pop up of the log in box appears first. I closed
the
: window and it works fine but today nothing is taking place.....any
: suggestions? This is a business email so I need immediate access to it.
:
: "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
:
: > Do not archive mail in default OE folders. They will eventually become
: > corrupted. Create your own user defined folders for storing mail and
move
: > your mail to them. Empty Deleted Items folder regularly. Keep user
created
: > folders under 100MB, and Default folders as empty as is feasible.
: >
: > After you are done, follow up by compacting your folders manually while
: > working *offline* and do it often.
: >
: > Click on Outlook Express at the top of the folder tree so no
: > folders are open. Then: File>Work Offline (or double click Working
Online in
: > the Status Bar). File>Folder>Compact all folders. Don't touch anything
until
: > the compacting is completed.
: >
: > In Tools>Options>Maintenance: Uncheck Compact messages in background and
: > leave it unchecked. {N/A if running XP/SP2}.
: >
: > And see this:
: > http://www.insideoe.com/problems/performance.htm
: > --
[...]