From: John H on
Hi
When I close Outlook Express down, all appears to go OK until I get a
"Outlok Express has encountered a problem and must close etc etc message".
I have compressed my folders in outlook Express 6 IE8 WinXP Home SP3.
John H
(Pleas reply to list as email address is a dummy due to massive spam)

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Have you been rigorously adhering to all of the following caveats?

- Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages. Move them to local
folders created for this purpose.

- Empty Deleted Items folder daily.

- Frequently perform a manual compact of all OE folders while "working
offline". More at http://www.insideoe.com/files/maintain.htm

- Do not cancel Automatic Compacting, should it occur, and do not attempt to
close OE via Task Manager or shutdown your machine if Automatic Compacting
is taking place.

- Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It can cause
corruption (i.e., loss of messages) and provides no additional protection:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: John H on
Hi PA Bear.
Yes... to all the Have I's
Learnt them a long time ago, from you guys.
Sometimes I forget to clear out the sent items for about a month or so
though.
regards
John H

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Then you're not adhering to them rigorously, one possible cause of the
error. Try again for a week or so (while adhering to all the caveats) and
see if the behavior occurs again.

Every day for the next 2 weeks, before you shut down OE for the day I want
you to:

1. Move anything in Sent Items that you want to keep to one or more other,
user-created local folders then delete everything else from Sent Items
folder; and then...

2. Delete the contents of Deleted Items folder.

On every Wednesday & Saturday, before you shut down OE for the day I want
you to also:

3. Move 80-90% of the messages in Inbox to other, user-created local
folders;

4. Don't forget to do #1 & #2; and then...

5. Compact all folders manually (ALT+F+F+F).

From: John H on
re your requests
(1) Will do
(2) Always auto deleted on exit
(3) Nothing goes into inbox as message rules take them automatically to
other folders.
(4) & (5) Done weekly
As I previously said, only sent mailabox not emptied regularly.
> Then you're not adhering to them rigorously, one possible cause of the
> error. Try again for a week or so (while adhering to all the caveats) and
> see if the behavior occurs again.
>
> Every day for the next 2 weeks, before you shut down OE for the day I want
> you to:
>
> 1. Move anything in Sent Items that you want to keep to one or more other,
> user-created local folders then delete everything else from Sent Items
> folder; and then...
>
> 2. Delete the contents of Deleted Items folder.
>
> On every Wednesday & Saturday, before you shut down OE for the day I want
> you to also:
>
> 3. Move 80-90% of the messages in Inbox to other, user-created local
> folders;
>
> 4. Don't forget to do #1 & #2; and then...
>
> 5. Compact all folders manually (ALT+F+F+F).
>

> John H wrote:
>> Hi PA Bear.
>> Yes... to all the Have I's
>> Learnt them a long time ago, from you guys.
>> Sometimes I forget to clear out the sent items for about a month or so
>> though.
>> regards
>> John H
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Have you been rigorously adhering to all of the following caveats?
>>>
>>> - Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages. Move them to local
>>> folders created for this purpose.
>>>
>>> - Empty Deleted Items folder daily.
>>>
>>> - Frequently perform a manual compact of all OE folders while "working
>>> offline". More at http://www.insideoe.com/files/maintain.htm
>>>
>>> - Do not cancel Automatic Compacting, should it occur, and do not
>>> attempt
>>> to close OE via Task Manager or shutdown your machine if Automatic
>>> Compacting is taking place.
>>>
>>> - Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It can cause
>>> corruption (i.e., loss of messages) and provides no additional
>>> protection:
>>>
>>> Why you don't need your anti-virus to scan your email
>>> http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm
>>>
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: test
Next: NAO FALO INGLES,FAVOR RELATAR EM PORTUGUES