From: Bruce Hagen on

"Chris Diesel" <diesel(a)noaddress.com.au> wrote in message
> What's happened to the various Outlook Express newsgroups? They seem to
> have all gone missing from the msnews?
>
> Chris

They are still available on non-MS servers.

Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Communities
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx

Newsgroups removed as of June 1, 2010
http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2010/06/05/closin-the-nntp.aspx

You can still access the groups on some non-MS servers such as Eternal
September, but how long the quality of questions and replies lasts is
unknown.

Eternal September
http://www.newsgroupreviews.com/eternal-september.html

The replacement forums.

Microsoft Answers - First Time Users
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

From: ~*Laughingstar*~ on
Bruce Hagen wrote:
>> "Chris Diesel" <diesel(a)noaddress.com.au> wrote in message
>>> What's happened to the various Outlook Express newsgroups? They
>>> seem to have all gone missing from the msnews?
>>>
>>> Chris
>>

>> They are still available on non-MS servers.
>>
>> Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Communities
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx
>>
>> Newsgroups removed as of June 1, 2010
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2010/06/05/closin-the-nntp.aspx
>>
>> You can still access the groups on some non-MS servers such as
>> Eternal September, but how long the quality of questions and replies
>> lasts is unknown.

It's full of SPAM, though.

>> Eternal September
>> http://www.newsgroupreviews.com/eternal-september.html
>>
>> The replacement forums.
>>
>> Microsoft Answers - First Time Users
>> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP [Mail]
>> Imperial Beach, CA

TY, Bruce!!! We're in abject depression over this. All of "you" always
upheld "Microsoft's" actions -- now, I'm not so sure! :0(

From: Chris Diesel on

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message

> They are still available on non-MS servers.
>
> Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Communities
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx
>
> Newsgroups removed as of June 1, 2010
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2010/06/05/closin-the-nntp.aspx
>
> You can still access the groups on some non-MS servers such as Eternal
> September, but how long the quality of questions and replies lasts is
> unknown.
>
> Eternal September
> http://www.newsgroupreviews.com/eternal-september.html
>
> The replacement forums.
>
> Microsoft Answers - First Time Users
> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP [Mail]
> Imperial Beach, CA

Thanks Bruce,

From: Bruce Hagen on

> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> They are still available on non-MS servers.
>>
>> Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Communities
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx
>>
>> Newsgroups removed as of June 1, 2010
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2010/06/05/closin-the-nntp.aspx
>>
>> You can still access the groups on some non-MS servers such as Eternal
>> September, but how long the quality of questions and replies lasts is
>> unknown.
>>
>> Eternal September
>> http://www.newsgroupreviews.com/eternal-september.html
>>
>> The replacement forums.
>>
>> Microsoft Answers - First Time Users
>> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP [Mail]
>> Imperial Beach, CA
>>

> Thanks Bruce,

YW.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

From: Bruce Hagen on

"~*Laughingstar*~" <tiredofthis(a)nospam.att.com> wrote in message
> Bruce Hagen wrote:
>>> "Chris Diesel" <diesel(a)noaddress.com.au> wrote in message

>>> They are still available on non-MS servers.
>>>
>>> Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Communities
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx
>>>
>>> Newsgroups removed as of June 1, 2010
>>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2010/06/05/closin-the-nntp.aspx
>>>
>>> You can still access the groups on some non-MS servers such as
>>> Eternal September, but how long the quality of questions and replies
>>> lasts is unknown.
>
> It's full of SPAM, though.
>>>
>>> Eternal September
>>> http://www.newsgroupreviews.com/eternal-september.html
>>>
>>> The replacement forums.
>>>
>>> Microsoft Answers - First Time Users
>>> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
>>> --
>>> Bruce Hagen
>>> MS-MVP [Mail]
>>> Imperial Beach, CA
>
> TY, Bruce!!! We're in abject depression over this. All of "you" always
> upheld "Microsoft's" actions -- now, I'm not so sure! :0(

What do you mean 'upheld'? I post to the new forums, but I prefer the NNTP
newsgroups and do not like to see their demise.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]