From: Chris Diesel on
What's happened to the various Outlook Express newsgroups? They seem to have
all gone missing from the msnews?

Chris

From: ~*Laughingstar*~ on
Chris Diesel wrote:
>> What's happened to the various Outlook Express newsgroups? They seem
>> to have all gone missing from the msnews?
>>
>> Chris

Check below for "Vanishing Newsgroups" and you'll see our window shouded in
black - all of them are going

From: Sunny on

"Chris Diesel" <diesel(a)noaddress.com.au> wrote in message
> What's happened to the various Outlook Express newsgroups? They seem to
> have all gone missing from the msnews?
>
> Chris

They will all be "gone" from the Microsoft news server by November.
MS is getting out of Usenet, and you will have to use the Microsoft web
interface, or use another news server.

From: Chris Diesel on

"~*Laughingstar*~" <tiredofthis(a)nospam.att.com> wrote in message
> Chris Diesel wrote:
>>> What's happened to the various Outlook Express newsgroups? They seem
>>> to have all gone missing from the msnews?
>>>
>>> Chris
>
> Check below for "Vanishing Newsgroups" and you'll see our window shouded
> in
> black - all of them are going

Thanks, I had a look to see if anyone else was asking the same question and
missed that one. It's a pity as I feel this system is better than the MS
Answers replacement.

Regards....Chris

From: Chris Diesel on

"Sunny" <wombathouse(a)yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> "Chris Diesel" <diesel(a)noaddress.com.au> wrote in message
>> What's happened to the various Outlook Express newsgroups? They seem to
>> have all gone missing from the msnews?
>>
>> Chris
>
> They will all be "gone" from the Microsoft news server by November.
> MS is getting out of Usenet, and you will have to use the Microsoft web
> interface, or use another news server.

Thanks Sunny,

It seem that none of the ISP's love the usenet either as I've noticed that
many Australian ISP's have been down grading there support for newsgroups in
recent years. Many have dropped a range of groups, particularly binary
groups or a large proportion of the posts don't appear, particularly if they
are posted from overseas. One of my favorites are some military and aviation
binary groups and hardly any pictures now appear, however I still see lots
of posts from people commenting one them, so they never make via my ISP.
I've complained, and the support people in India or wherever don't seem to
even know what newsgroups are?

I guess I'll have to pay for one of the private ones like giganes or alike,
even thought I thought I was already paying the ISP for this service.

Regards....Chris