From: jjas007 on
We have created a Terminal Server, Windows 2003 Enterprise 32bit, and have
installed Office 2003 on it. Office was installed in Application mode and
then SP3 for Office 2003 was installed.

The problem:
When a user logs onto the terminal server, the Outlook profile is not
automatically connecting to the user's mailbox.

Can anyone tell me whether or not this is normal behavior, or where I might
be able to find more information so that I can get this resolved?
--
Thanks,
John
From: dlw on
your description of the problem is way to vague, please tell us EXACTLY what
happens when you start outlook

From: jjas007 on

--
John

"dlw" wrote:

> your description of the problem is way to vague, please tell us EXACTLY what
> happens when you start outlook

My apologies.

When a user logs onto the Terminal Server and starts Outlook they get the
“Outlook 2003 Startup Wizard”, instead of having their mailboxes built. This
behavior is not expected as the users already have mailboxes and valid e-mail
accounts. We have been using Office 2002 (Office XP) and did not experience
this behavior. We are preparing to upgrade to Office 2003 and we noticed
this behavior.

Are we missing a configuration piece?

Thanks,
John

From: dlw on
so, you originally had Outlook XP on the TS, and everyone had accounts and
was using it. Then you upgraded to Outlook 2003, and now users are being
prompted to set up accounts again?

When you say they already have mailboxes and email accounts, that sounds to
me like they are set up on the email server. When you start outlook for the
first time you need to set up an account to access the mailbox.