From: Richard on
My daughter just called me from college. She changed her Yahoo password and now Outlook is not syncing with Yahoo. I walked her through changing her password in "account settings" in Outlook but when she tries to send the test message from the account setting prompt it doesn't connect. .
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com
From: Brian Tillman on

Richard;116057 Wrote:
> My daughter just called me from college. She changed her Yahoo password
> and now Outlook is not syncing with Yahoo. I walked her through changing
> her password in "account settings" in Outlook but when she tries to send
> the test message from the account setting prompt it doesn't connect.

Is this a paid Yahoo account? Yahoo prohibits access to free yahoo.com
accounts.

--
Brian Tillman

[MVP-Outlook]
http://forums.slipstick.com

From: Carmel on
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 11:59:37 -0500
Richard Richard <rseate(a)precisionwalls.com> articulated:

> My daughter just called me from college. She changed her Yahoo
> password and now Outlook is not syncing with Yahoo. I walked her
> through changing her password in "account settings" in Outlook but
> when she tries to send the test message from the account setting
> prompt it doesn't connect.

Sorry, my crystal ball is out for repairs today! Exactly what does the
error message say? Don't guess, do a cut and paste operation or screen
capture and save the output to <http://www.pastebin.ca> and post the URL
here.

--