From: Sunil Dhanuka on
Hi,

I transferred my mails and folders from outlook express to outlook 2007
successfully on 3rd feb 2010. It was 9.6 gb in total. I have archieved
individual folders by changing setting in archieve option and invidual
folders to 1 day.
However, i can see only structure (tree of folders) and there is nothing
inside any folders. Also, messages downloade after 3rd Feb 2010 are shown in
archieved folder. What could be the problem.

Also I want to reduce size of my outlook.pst file by splilling it. Can I get
reply on sunildhanuka(a)hotmail.com also

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Sunil Dhanuka" <SunilDhanuka(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I transferred my mails and folders from outlook express to outlook 2007
> successfully on 3rd feb 2010. It was 9.6 gb in total. I have archieved
> individual folders by changing setting in archieve option and invidual
> folders to 1 day.
> However, i can see only structure (tree of folders) and there is nothing
> inside any folders. Also, messages downloade after 3rd Feb 2010 are shown in
> archieved folder. What could be the problem.

Outlook's archive works on modified dates, not received dates. When you
imported your messages into Outlook, you changed the modified date to the date
of import. AutoArchive won't do anyting until that date is older than the
archive criteria. You can work around this my manually moving the data from
the main folders to the archive folders. Then compress the main PST.

> Also I want to reduce size of my outlook.pst file by splilling it.

So, what's stopping you? Create a new PST with File>New>Outlook Data File and
move to it what you want from the main PST.

> Can I get reply on sunildhanuka(a)hotmail.com also

Ask here, get an answer here. Also, it's bad practice to post real addresses
in public forums like this.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]