From: a510m on
Well it appears that there are multiple versions of Connector out there - Going through the MS Office downloads site takes you to what appears to be a 12.1 version (actually when you install and go to the "About Microsoft Connector" it shows a 12.0XXXX version). Installing the 12.1 version from the Office site, or doing the "automatic update" seems to result in the unsuccessful install and subsequent endless loop of needing to update Connector.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.outlook/Outlook-connector
From: a510m on
I have had success in re-enabling the Connector after installing version 14.0 from the link posted by Duncan McC
above- 14.0 appears to be a Connector version geared more specifically for Hotmail accounts than for Office Live accounts, but it works just fine for me. Bottom line, use the 14.0, appears to resolve the issue.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.outlook/Outlook-connector
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
v14 is the correct version - v12.x is the old version that the autoupdate is
supposed to be replacing.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> Well it appears that there are multiple versions of Connector out there -
> Going through the MS Office
> downloads site takes you to what appears to be a 12.1 version (actually when
> you install and go to the
> "About Microsoft Connector" it shows a 12.0XXXX version). Installing the
> 12.1 version from the Office
> site, or doing the "automatic update" seems to result in the unsuccessful
> install and subsequent endless
> loop of needing to update Connector.

I, too, see that MS has a few inconsistencies in the Outlook Connector
download pages, but if you look up "Outlook Connector" at
http://support.microsoft.com/, it leads you to
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx, which is the
proper version.
--