From: bobengel on

"bobengel" wrote:

> > > I recently manually uninstalled Office 2007 beta and installed Office 2007
> > > Professional Trial. When starting Outlook, I receive error message, "MS
> > > Outlook can't start because of Microsoft Office InfoPath, Windows Installer
> > > error 1605".
> > >
> > > Outlook then restarts but will crash and restart several times during
> > > message downloading with the same error message. Once the messages are
> > > downloaded, it appears to be more stable.
> > >
> > > I ran the Office Diagnostics but that didn't seem to correct the problem.
> > > Advice will be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Follow-up information: I used Event Viewer>Application and found numerous
> > identical warnings with the source "MsiInstaller" that apparently occurred each time I started Outlook. The
> > details are:
> >
> > Detection of product '{91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}', feature
> > 'OUTLOOKFiles' failed during request for component
> > '{0638C49D-BB8B-4CD1-B191-055E8F325736}'
> >
> > I don't know if this helps but hopefully it will be a clue.

I finally re-installed Office 2007 full release and the error message
continued to appear. After a long phone conversation with a MS technician
who had me delete all files, registry entries and other references to the
beta and trial versions of MS Office, the error message no longer appears
following a clean install of MS Office. There was no determination made of
why the error message appeared in the first place but, since it's now fixed,
we can close this thread.