From: UKBoomerFL on
How can I convert an outlook .msg file format to .txt, or .rft or .doc?
From: Bob I on
Open the msg file in outlook (just double click it in Explorer)an then
select File Save As. If the e-mail needs to be changed from plain text
or HTML then you will need to Edit Message to change format before you
Save As.

From: Sue Mosher [MVP] on
Open the item and use the Save As command to save it in the desired format.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP