From: Rob Scott on
I am having an issue with Outlook 2007SP2 and Exchange 2007 on an SBS08
Server. The outlook client will prompt for username and password multiple
times when outlook is opened. It does not matter what you type in the
password box it just keeps prompting. After you hit OK (even with no
password) three times the prompt disappears. It will then randomly reappear
when outlook is left open for a long period of time.

The issue is happening on (2) workstations (XP Pro and Windows 7 Pro) and
both machines are on the same LAN as the Exchange server. Neither machine is
configured to use RPC over HTTP both are in cached mode. There are several
other Outlook 2007 clients that function normally and all the Outlook 2003
clients function fine.

I have attempted to configure the profiles manually as listed in KB
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923579
I have attempted the hotfix as listed in KB
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956531 but it states the product type is not
the expected product for this hotfix,
I have attempted the registry key import from a working machine as listed
in KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321652 and
I have uninstalled reinstalled and service packed with no success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

From: Mike on
I too have the same issue. This only occurs in a hadnfull of my users (20 of
3k+?), and is VERY random. Two of them are heldesk people. Any help would
be appreciatred

From: Sharon on
I also have the same problem. Someone plese help.
--
Sharo

From: Duncan McC on
Did you join the workstation to the domain using 'connectcomputer'?

If not, do so - make it a WORKGROUP computer again, then re-join the
domain (using the connectcomputer method). Before joining, copy the old
profile, or rename it. (ie rename the user.domain profile to say
user.domain.old). Then you can migrate across their old guff (start
menu items, favourites, etc etc).

Otherwise... perhaps it's a DNS problem? (as it seems like some sorta
authentication issue). Check the DNS and DHCP in the server - check the
DHCP assignment for that workstation, and ensure that matches up with
the DNS entry. If it doesn't delete the DNS entry (host/A record) for
it - then 're-get' it, from the workstation, using ipconfig /registerdns
..

--
Duncan.

In article <06DA41D9-C198-4C05-93BC-7ACAD726E6A2(a)microsoft.com>,
RobScott(a)discussions.microsoft.com says...

> I am having an issue with Outlook 2007SP2 and Exchange 2007 on an SBS08
> Server. The outlook client will prompt for username and password multiple
> times when outlook is opened. It does not matter what you type in the
> password box it just keeps prompting. After you hit OK (even with no
> password) three times the prompt disappears. It will then randomly reappear
> when outlook is left open for a long period of time.
>
> The issue is happening on (2) workstations (XP Pro and Windows 7 Pro) and
> both machines are on the same LAN as the Exchange server. Neither machine is
> configured to use RPC over HTTP both are in cached mode. There are several
> other Outlook 2007 clients that function normally and all the Outlook 2003
> clients function fine.
>
> I have attempted to configure the profiles manually as listed in KB
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923579
> I have attempted the hotfix as listed in KB
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956531 but it states the product type is not
> the expected product for this hotfix,
> I have attempted the registry key import from a working machine as listed
> in KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321652 and
> I have uninstalled reinstalled and service packed with no success.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance

Pages: 1
Prev: Outlook 2007 Image Preview