From: annamalai on
nice info,

i have a similar problem,

the function Key F4 is assigned as Shortcut to a Child Form from MDI Parent Form,

While pressing F4 in ComboBox in a DataGridView instead of showing the Combo box drop down list, the Child Form was Activated.

waiting for some ideas

regards
Annamalai

surtur wrote:

RE: override function Key F4
08-Jan-08

Suppress the keystroke in the ComboBox's KeyDown event:

Private Sub ComboBox1_KeyDown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventArgs) Handles ComboBox1.KeyDown
If e.KeyCode = Keys.F4 Then
e.SuppressKeyPress = True
Exit Sub
End If
End Sub

On Monday, January 07, 2008 11:36 PM
win wrote:

override function Key F4
My form has a dropdown combox and function key "F4" is used for save
information.
When I press "F4", the combox display the options and then exec. save
coding.
Can I skip the display options of the combox?

Thanks a lot

On Tuesday, January 08, 2008 12:44 AM
surtur wrote:

RE: override function Key F4
Suppress the keystroke in the ComboBox's KeyDown event:

Private Sub ComboBox1_KeyDown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventArgs) Handles ComboBox1.KeyDown
If e.KeyCode = Keys.F4 Then
e.SuppressKeyPress = True
Exit Sub
End If