From: Harry B. on
Karl-Heinz Rauscher offers some code for an owner drawn StatusBar
object. Although he created it for VO2.7 only, I imported it to VO2.8,
and it runs nearly well.

Here the description of the issue I still have:

1. Starting the program brings "Di" at the lower right corner, setted by
METHOD DrawDisabledODItem() CLASS StandardShellWindow.
2. Changing the window's size with the mouse using the lower right
corner "Di" disappeares sometime.
3. Using menu "DrawEnabledODItem" brings up another text.
4. Changing window's size didn't hide this text.
5. Using menu "DrawDisabledODItem" brings back "Di", and size changing
hides the text again.

I could see this behavior in VO2.8 SP3 (2837) under Windows Vista.

It seems to that the difference relates to SetTextEx using a string

SELF:StatusBar:SetTextEx ( "Enabled" , #IDS_ODITEM )

or a variable

SELF:StatusBar:SetTextEx ( cTrimText , #IDS_ODITEM )

I my application I can only use the version with the variable. So I want
to know how to deal with this, that the text didn't hide.

If someone can offer another alternative for an owner drawn
StatusBar-Object, this would be welcome also.

Thanks for any help!

--Harry B.
From: Harry B. on
Does no one has an idea on this?
From: Harry B. on
Just I saw, that my initial posting isn't visible in
comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects.

Perhaps this is why I added an attachment. So here is a next try with
the original message:

From: Harry B. on
comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects didn't show postings with attachments.
So here my initial message. I someone likes the sample code, please send
me an email.

Initial posting:

From: Geoff Schaller on
Harry,

> comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects didn't show postings with attachments.
> So here my initial message. I someone likes the sample code, please send
> me an email.

Sure it does! It is your news server provider that makes the
prohibition.

> 1. Starting the program brings "Di" at the lower right corner, setted by
> METHOD DrawDisabledODItem() CLASS StandardShellWindow.

I don't understand what you mean.

What are you trying to do? We have no problem with the status bar, nor
would there be any issue creating your own. Simply copy the code in the
SDK.

Geoff

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2