From: Flame on
P4P800-E Deluxe - "System Fail CPU Test"

REV 1.02
BIOS 1007
350W PSU
ATI 9800 PRO AIW
2x512 MB PC3200
DVD-CDRW
DVD-R
Floppy
120GB SATA

I had a 2.6 in there for almost 2 years with no problems...
Bought a 3.2E - 1MB and swapped CPU's

First boot gave no video and the vocal "OverClock Failure" message
Put the 2.6 back in - checked BIOS to be set to auto... Put the 3.2 back
in...

Now I get no video and the voice says "System Fail CPU Test".
So I put the 2.6 back in and get the same results now.

I tried the clear CMOS trick with no change.

I thought the CPUs might have been toasted by the MB (or vice versa) so I
went down to my local computer store and the tech guy tried them both in a
new "Asrock" board (yeah I never heard of them either...) They both booted
fine (and of course he wnated to sell me the board too...) so I know the
CPUs are alive and kicking.

AAAUUUGGHHH - I am so unlucky with this stuff I could just scream.

Anyone have any ideas??? After this post I'm going to unplug all the excess
power stuff, but at one point I had 3 HD's, the 2 DVD's, a floppy and a zip
all working fine in there.

And then I am going to bed and will check for any answers in the morning...

THX RJM aka Flame
From: Steve on
I've seen that twice, both times on Asus boards that use the 865/875 chipset
with the IC5HR southbridge. Both times it was the southbridge chip that
failed and the boards had to be replaced. My bet is that static killed your
board as these southbridge chips are known to fail very easily by
ESD...especially through the USB ports.

-Steve

From: Technik on
How did you clear the CMOS; by just shortening the jumper, or did you
actually pull the battery out of motherboard and then shorted the
jumper pins?
I know it sounds silly but have you plugged in the +12V 4 pin cpu
power connector?
Try re flashing the bios from the floppy by using ALT+F2 when computer
boots up.
Inspect the ZIF socket for debris or damages. Make sure there's
nothing shorting. Inspect you motherboard in general for damages -
it happens pretty often when you remove bulky CPU heatsink etc.

/Technik