From: me on
Does anyone know if the P5Q Deluxe supports this CPU? It is not listed on
the Asus website as being supported but feel it could work. Any info would
be appreciated, thank you.

--
-
From: KCB on

<me(a)here.com> wrote in message news:20100330090835.847$GA(a)newsreader.com...
> Does anyone know if the P5Q Deluxe supports this CPU? It is not listed on
> the Asus website as being supported but feel it could work. Any info would
> be appreciated, thank you.
>
> --
> -

I see at least ten motherboards that include P5Q in the designation, is
yours the P5Q3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP @n. That's the only one I see with Deluxe in
the name.

From: Anssi Saari on
me(a)here.com writes:

> Does anyone know if the P5Q Deluxe supports this CPU? It is not listed on
> the Asus website as being supported but feel it could work. Any info would
> be appreciated, thank you.

Intel doesn't list an E8700 either, so...
From: Anssi Saari on
"KCB" <bcgc_qc(a)hootmail.com> writes:

> I see at least ten motherboards that include P5Q in the designation,
> is yours the P5Q3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP @n. That's the only one I see with
> Deluxe in the name.

No, P5Q Deluxe is of course P5Q Deluxe. It's the only product I get
when I search for P5Q Deluxe on asus.com. See
http://www.asus.com/Search.aspx?SearchKey=p5q%20deluxe
From: me on
"KCB" <bcgc_qc(a)hootmail.com> wrote:
> <me(a)here.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know if the P5Q Deluxe supports this CPU? It is not listed
> > on the Asus website as being supported but feel it could work. Any info
> > would be appreciated, thank you.
> >
> > --
> > -
>
> I see at least ten motherboards that include P5Q in the designation, is
> yours the P5Q3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP @n. That's the only one I see with Deluxe
> in the name.

My board is a P5Q Deluxe, I have the box right here.

--
-