From: Little Penny on
Where can I find a Vista drive for motherboard P5VD2-MX. I tried the
Asus support site but when I install the drive it says "The audio
driver files do not support you computer hardware.
From: Paul on
Little Penny wrote:
> Where can I find a Vista drive for motherboard P5VD2-MX. I tried the
> Asus support site but when I install the drive it says "The audio
> driver files do not support you computer hardware.

Are you certain that the file you downloaded is for Vista ? There
could be Vista 32 bit and Vista 64 bit driver files. Make sure the
one you got is for the correct OS version.

*******

This is a Vista driver. Inside is an i386 folder and an amd64 folder,
for 32 bit and 64 bit Vista respectively.

ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/asus/misc/audio/ADI_Audio_Vista_V610016050.rar

The file is compressed in RAR format (not the same as ZIP). I use
the 7-ZIP program to open and inspect the file (7-ZIP unpacks many
different formats of downloads). I can also extract the files with
that program.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7-zip

The ADIHdAud.inf in the Vista/i386/Vista folder, has lines like this.

%HdAudioFunctionDriver.ADICodec.DeviceDesc% = A1986A,
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_1986&SUBSYS_1043818F

The Vendor 11D4 is Analog Devices or ADI (makers of SoundMax).
The Device 1986 is, I'm guessing AD1986a. When I'm not sure, I
can double check some of them, here.

http://pciids.sourceforge.net/pci.ids

The Subsys consists of two parts. 1043 stands for "Asus". All the
Subsys lines with 1043 in it, would be Asus motherboards or barebones
systems or laptops. The other four digits represent the Asus item.
I don't have any nice neat tables of those numbers, and that has
always been a problem for me.

If you download Everest...

http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

and install it and run it, you can use the Report:Report Wizard, then
select "Hardware-Related pages", then select Plain Text. After 30 seconds
or so, you'll have all sorts of Plug and Play numbers belonging to your
hardware.

If you press control-F in the resulting text output window, you can
do a search. (A search box should pop up.) Look for "1043".
You'll likely hit at least one instance of that number.
For example, this is what I was looking for on mine.

SUBSYS_82771043

The 8277 is my motherboard. The 1043 is "Asus". Now, I can compare
to the lines in the ADIHdAud.inf and see if my motherboard is covered
in there. Since I can't find 8277 in the file, I know that driver
is not for my motherboard.

In any case, I don't think you've done anything wrong. Verify you
got a 32 bit driver download, and that you're trying to install it
on a 32 bit version of Vista. If your Vista is a 64 bit version,
then you'd need a different driver. Sometimes, they're both inside
the same download. I suspect that is the case with the ftp://ftp.asus.com
link I provided at the top of this posting.

Good luck,
Paul
From: Little Penny on

This great infomation help me resolve the problem.

Thanks

Pages: 1
Prev: asus dvd drive issue
Next: P5Q Pro Turbo and RAID