From: albatross on

Hi
I was having issues with a fatal error. I tried flushing the cmos,
and changing the boot sequence. I now have a problem in that the
computer is not starting up at all. It gets as far as displaying

X300XT BIOS P/N 113-A33437-102

and then just sits there. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

--
albatross
albatross's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/165078.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "albatross" <albatross.43p1j8(a)DoNotSpam.com>

| Does anyone have any suggestions?

| Thanks -- albatross

Start by dropping the C R A P Usenet front-end called techarena.in and access this News
Group directly with the following URL...

--
Dave

From: philo on
albatross wrote:
> Hi
> I was having issues with a fatal error. I tried flushing the cmos,
> and changing the boot sequence. I now have a problem in that the
> computer is not starting up at all. It gets as far as displaying
>
> X300XT BIOS P/N 113-A33437-102
>
> and then just sits there. Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks

For starters try disconnecting the HD and cd/dvd

and see if the bios continues until you get a message such as "no boot
device"
From: albatross on

When I first tried changing the boot sequence, I got that message about
the soft drive. Then I removed the soft drive completely from the
configuration, and it's now not even getting that far. It looks like
it's not even looking for a boot device now. I took out the cmos battery
to try flashing that and restoring the boot sequence, but that doesn't
seem to have had any effect.

From: philo on
albatross wrote:
> When I first tried changing the boot sequence, I got that message about
> the soft drive. Then I removed the soft drive completely from the
> configuration, and it's now not even getting that far. It looks like
> it's not even looking for a boot device now. I took out the cmos battery
> to try flashing that and restoring the boot sequence, but that doesn't
> seem to have had any effect.

You mean harddrive

anyway I did not say to disable it in the bios

I said to disconnect it completely