From: R.Wieser on
Hello all,

I'm trying to make sense of the "delayed import" table-data of the ws2_32
DLL, but all I see is a table of dwords which meaning escapes me. I've
searched the Web (to which a Google-search returns surprisingly few
results), but not even MS itself seems to bother to explain it.

My question therefore is : Does anyone know of a (good) description of how
to interpret those values, and is willing to share it ?

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

From: Remy Lebeau on

"R.Wieser" <address(a)not.available> wrote in message

> My question therefore is : Does anyone know of a (good) description of how
> to interpret those values, and is willing to share it ?

Have a look at Section 5.8 of the following specification:

Microsoft Portable Execution and Common Object File Format Specification
http://www.scribd.com/doc/8345966/Microsoft-Portable-Execution-and-Common-Object-FIle-Format-Specification

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

From: R.Wieser on
Hello Remy,

Thanks for that link. Alas, due to abusive JavaScript usage (even a
simple link is AJAX-ified) I'm not able to look at the document itself (My
computer has, for the obvious reasons, JS disabeled).

I fond the same-named document with a date of 2008 on the MS site but that
one had a EULA attached to it. A no-go for a hobbyist like me. I allso
found a same-named document with a date of Feb 1999, but although it names
the delay-import table they claim its the same as the normal import-table
(if it was I would noticed and not have needed to ask my question :-\ ).

To me the delayed-import table looks like an array of DWORDs, which contents
I cannot even translate to normal adresses (not pointing inside any of the
sections). Any ida what these values signify (are they actually DWORds ?)

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

-- Origional message
Remy Lebeau <no.spam(a)no.spam.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
O$$lHfJQKHA.5052(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

From: Remy Lebeau on

> I fond the same-named document with a date of 2008 on the MS
> site

That is the same document as the one I pointed you to earlier.

> that one had a EULA attached to it. A no-go for a hobbyist like me.

Whats wrong with the EULA?

> To me the delayed-import table looks like an array of DWORDs,
> which contents I cannot even translate to normal adresses (not
> pointing inside any of the sections). Any ida what these values
> signify (are they actually DWORds ?)

That information is described in detail in Microsoft's document. I strongly
suggest you agree to the EULA and download it. It is free.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

From: m on
IIRC ws2_32.DLL exports by ordinal instead of by name (as with most DLLs).
If you look at the PE spec from Microsoft, you will be able to make more
sense of this, but looking at GetProcAddress in MSDN may also help.

Usually this work is done for you by the OS, so I wonder what you are trying
to achieve?

"R.Wieser" <address(a)not.available> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to make sense of the "delayed import" table-data of the ws2_32
> DLL, but all I see is a table of dwords which meaning escapes me. I've
> searched the Web (to which a Google-search returns surprisingly few
> results), but not even MS itself seems to bother to explain it.
>
> My question therefore is : Does anyone know of a (good) description of how
> to interpret those values, and is willing to share it ?
>
> Regards,
> Rudy Wieser
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8