From: Moritz Fuchs on
Hi,

Why don't you just try the following:

$query = "SELECT * FROM foo WHERE UserID = " .$uID . " ORDER BY bar";
$result = mysql_query($query);

//get the first row
$row = mysql_fetch_object($result);

//get the next row
while ($next = mysql_fetch_object($result)) {
//do something with row/next

//The next row is the current row in the next iteration
$row = $next;
}

mysql_free_result($result);

Regards
Moritz

From: Richard Quadling on
On 12 February 2010 23:46, Paul Hollingworth <devineman(a)msn.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the code Eric, it seems to loosely provide the functionality that
> I'm after.
>
> Just out of interest though, is there no other way to find the next result
> row in an object apart from dumping it into an array?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

You can use mysql_result()
(http://docs.php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-result.php) to read a
specific row from the result set.

But you could also use the SQL WHERE or LIMIT clause to only retrieve
the specific row or rows you wanted.

--
-----
Richard Quadling