From: Paulo Carvalho on
On 15/05/2010 18:19, Jim Lucas wrote:
> Juan Rodriguez Monti wrote:
>> I guys,
>> I'm having some problems with the following.
>>
>> I have a PHP Site working perfectly with HTML and CSS. The CSS runs
>> flawlessly in Firefox and Google Chrome. However, I'm having some
>> problems with Internet Explorer.
>>
>> I'm not able to show it centered ( the .css is to show centered
>> content ) in any version of Internet Explorer. The CSS's Code is
>> available here[0].
>>
>> Might be this is an Off-Topic question, however is closely related to
>> my PHP development.
>>
>> If you know some hack or modification that I should do to make this
>> site compatible with IE, I would appreciate it a lot.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Juan
>>
>> [0] http://pastebin.com/eLhz2CzM
>>

> Using your #container { ... } example. the only change I would make
> is like this
>
> body
> {
> text-align: center;
> }
>
> #container
> {
> margin: 0 auto;
> width: 600px;
> background:#fff;
> text-align: left;
> }
>
> If you use this:
text-align:center; required for ie 5/6
Margin:0 auto;// center the container margin : 0 = top/bottom
auto=left/right
you will get a centered layout.
Paulo Carvalho
From: Mithun Shitole on
On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 7:00 PM, Juan Rodriguez Monti <
juan(a)rodriguezmonti.com.ar> wrote:

> I guys,
> I'm having some problems with the following.
>
> I have a PHP Site working perfectly with HTML and CSS. The CSS runs
> flawlessly in Firefox and Google Chrome. However, I'm having some
> problems with Internet Explorer.
>
> I'm not able to show it centered ( the .css is to show centered
> content ) in any version of Internet Explorer. The CSS's Code is
> available here[0].
>
> Might be this is an Off-Topic question, however is closely related to
> my PHP development.
>
> If you know some hack or modification that I should do to make this
> site compatible with IE, I would appreciate it a lot.
>
> Thanks,
> Juan
>
> [0] http://pastebin.com/eLhz2CzM

Do you use strict dtd?
I faced similar problems, and realized that using strict dtd is way out for
many annoying things that IE does in quirks mode.

--
Mithun
From: Juan Rodriguez Monti on
2010/5/15 Jim Lucas <lists(a)cmsws.com>:
> Juan Rodriguez Monti wrote:
>>
>> I guys,
>> I'm having some problems with the following.
>>
>> I have a PHP Site working perfectly with HTML and CSS. The CSS runs
>> flawlessly in Firefox and Google Chrome. However, I'm having some
>> problems with Internet Explorer.
>>
>> I'm not able to show it centered ( the .css is to show centered
>> content ) in any version of Internet Explorer. The CSS's Code is
>> available here[0].
>>
>> Might be this is an Off-Topic question, however is closely related to
>> my PHP development.
>>
>> If you know some hack or modification that I should do to make this
>> site compatible with IE, I would appreciate it a lot.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Juan
>>
>> [0] http://pastebin.com/eLhz2CzM
>>

> Using your #container { ... } example.  the only change I would make is like
> this
>
> body
> {
>        text-align: center;
> }
>
> #container
> {
>        margin: 0 auto;
>        width: 600px;
>        background:#fff;
>        text-align: left;
> }

Hi Jim,
Thanks. This CSS code solved the IE's problem.

Best,
Juan.