From: Ketema Harris on
you might want to also check your architecture flags for your compiler.

i ran into this problem on a mac when I was compiling php and by default it tries to make a 32 bit and 64 bit binary, but pg was compiled as 64 bit only. I found that the php compile did not fail, but i was "missing" some functions just like you. when I recompiled php only 64 bit everything was picked up.

I found that watching the configure output gave indication as to whether or not certain functions will be picked up:

PQescapeString
PQunescapeBytea
PQsetnonblocking
PQcmdTuples
PQoidValue
PQclientEncoding
PQparameterStatus
PQprotocolVersion
PQtransactionStatus
PQexecParams
PQprepare
PQexecPrepared
PQresultErrorField
PQsendQueryParams
PQsendPrepare
PQsendQueryPrepared
PQputCopyData
PQputCopyEnd
PQgetCopyData
PQfreemem
PQsetErrorVerbosity
PQftable
PQescapeStringConn
PQescapeByteaConn
pg_encoding_to_char

If you see these thigns set to NO even after PostgreSQL support says yes, then you know you wont be getting all the functions.

Ketema J. Harris
ketema(a)ketema.net
ketema(a)jabber.ketema.net (Jabber)
http://www.ketema.net