From: Giancarlo Boaron on
Hi all.

Recently, I wrote an email about the problem I was having with some Postgres functions that when those functions were called, I received the following error: "Call to undefined function <function_name>".

After some answers, I decided to rebuild a brand new linux virtual machine with Apache + PHP + Postgres, but I still get this annoying error messege with some functions like pg_prepare() and pg_escape_string().

I compiled Postgres with --without-readline option.
I compiled PHP with --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs and --with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql/

And the compilation process has no errors.

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to change something in php_config.h file? If so, what do I have to change?

Thank you.

From: Jim Lucas on
Giancarlo Boaron wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Recently, I wrote an email about the problem I was having with some Postgres functions that when those functions were called, I received the following error: "Call to undefined function <function_name>".
>
> After some answers, I decided to rebuild a brand new linux virtual machine with Apache + PHP + Postgres, but I still get this annoying error messege with some functions like pg_prepare() and pg_escape_string().
>
> I compiled Postgres with --without-readline option.
> I compiled PHP with --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs and --with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql/
>
> And the compilation process has no errors.
>
> What am I doing wrong? Do I have to change something in php_config.h file? If so, what do I have to change?
>
> Thank you.

Depending on what version of apache you are running, you need to make sure that
you are loading the pgsql.so file or have the psql.ini file in your
/var/www/conf/php5/ directory.

This way it knows to load pg.

--
Jim Lucas

"Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
by William Shakespeare
From: Giancarlo Boaron on
Hi Jim.

I think it depends on each server configuration but I checked in my server and I don't have the 'pgsql.so' and 'psql.ini' files and neither the 'www' directory.

My Apache version is 2.2.15 and my root directory is /usr/local/apache2/htdocs.

Thank you.

From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 09:21 -0700, Giancarlo Boaron wrote:

> Hi Jim.
>
> I think it depends on each server configuration but I checked in my server and I don't have the 'pgsql.so' and 'psql.ini' files and neither the 'www' directory.
>
> My Apache version is 2.2.15 and my root directory is /usr/local/apache2/htdocs.
>
> Thank you.

I've generally found these sorts of things to be in /etc/php, /etc/php5
or something similar. Within /etc you should see directories for both
Apache and PHP. If you have shell access to the machine, try calling a
whereis command, which might give you a better idea of where things are
kept in your system.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk