From: tedd on
At 1:54 PM -0400 8/7/10, David Hutto wrote:
>On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 1:46 PM, tedd <tedd.sperling(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Experience and money are never a waste of time *to me*.
>
>but did they make money off of the video, was it branded?
>
>If not, then it was a great promo, even without seeing it, I've
>'seen' the buzz.

David :

We are probably be talking about different things.

I am talking about my Quarters game I wrote several years ago -- you
can play it here:

http://sperling.com/quarters/

You see, in December 1999, I wrote a Macintosh freeware application
that did the same thing as shown above. I placed a link on my
web-site to download the application, namely:

http://sperling.com/freeware.php

I then contacted several shareware sites online and gave them the
link for them to use/advertise.

In February of 2000, Mac World ran an article and mentioned my
Quarters game. Several other magazines followed with similar
articles. As a result, my site experienced thousands of downloads and
many of the shareware sites I shared my link with reported similar
activity.

Over the following decade, I received lot's of paying request for the
secret to the game.

However, what I did was pretty simple -- there was nothing
outstanding. There was no video, nor branding, it was just an
interesting experience *for me*.

Cheers,

tedd
--