From: "King Coffee" on
Hi,

I'm not sure whether the hosting Windows IIS 7.0 server support PHP mail or
Unix sendmail or not.

I'm running a third party PHP app...

So, do IIS 7 support a compatible service?

If so, what can I do to enable one of these mailer features?

Thanks,
King

From: Richard Quadling on
On 16 March 2010 19:27, King Coffee <kcoffee(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure whether the hosting Windows IIS 7.0 server support PHP mail or
> Unix sendmail or not.
>
> I'm running a third party PHP app...
>
> So, do IIS 7 support a compatible service?
>
> If so, what can I do to enable one of these mailer features?
>
> Thanks,
> King

We have an Exchange Server with the SMTP connector active. I then use
RMail (previously known as html_mime_mail5 from
http://www.phpguru.org).

The SMTP connector acts as a hold and forwarder rather than a straight
passthru, which does mean you deliver mail to the LOCAL smtp "server"
and not the final recipient. So no knowing if delivery was successful
in real time.

--
-----
Richard Quadling