From: Pseudonyme on
Hi All !

We are proposing a tool that indicates the exact time from the
certified world time servers.

The webmasters are placing the time within their pages. It is free.
The webmasters have all the platforms : mainly PHP and ASP, but, some
other hidden language that few people know.

The point is : (1) "our team totally hate javascripts because we
believe it is consuming to much electricity for the user." (2) "our
team believe that we can save users session times on our servers, and
electricity of our servers".

So, we will not propose :
<script language='javascript' src='http://andersen.times.com/adveruser/
adverpay.php?country=1270331545&time=1236928998'></script>

BUT, we would prefer to propose :
$homepage = file_get_contents(''http://andersen.times.com/adveruser/
adverpay.php?country=1270331545&time=1236928998');
echo $homepage;

The point is that the webmaster would have to include our code in his
hard coding, instead of a light .js

1>> What do you think of that ?

The technical question is : "$homepage and echo $homepage;" is in
PHP, and it works.

2>> Do you know the similar expression in ASP ? and in the other
languages ? even exotic languages ?

$homepage = file_get_contents(''http://andersen.times.com/adveruser/
adverpay.php?country=1270331545&time=1236928998');
echo $homepage;

We personally thank you for the time you took to read this master
piece of problem and we appreciate the time you took to help.

Have a nice and desirable day,

Cougloff

From: Michael Fesser on
..oO(Pseudonyme)

>We are proposing a tool that indicates the exact time from the
>certified world time servers.

Nothing special.

>The webmasters are placing the time within their pages. It is free.
>The webmasters have all the platforms : mainly PHP and ASP, but, some
>other hidden language that few people know.
>
>The point is : (1) "our team totally hate javascripts because we
>believe it is consuming to much electricity for the user." (2) "our
>team believe that we can save users session times on our servers, and
>electricity of our servers".

What are you smoking, car tires? There are reasons to prefer a server-
side language over JS in cases like this, but yours is just nonsense.

>So, we will not propose :
><script language='javascript' src='http://andersen.times.com/adveruser/
>adverpay.php?country=1270331545&time=1236928998'></script>
>
>BUT, we would prefer to propose :
>$homepage = file_get_contents(''http://andersen.times.com/adveruser/
>adverpay.php?country=1270331545&time=1236928998');
>echo $homepage;
>
>The point is that the webmaster would have to include our code in his
>hard coding, instead of a light .js

He would also have to include the JS call. Same thing.

>1>> What do you think of that ?
>
>The technical question is : "$homepage and echo $homepage;" is in
>PHP, and it works.

Sure.

>2>> Do you know the similar expression in ASP ? and in the other
>languages ? even exotic languages ?

RTFM?

>$homepage = file_get_contents(''http://andersen.times.com/adveruser/
>adverpay.php?country=1270331545&time=1236928998');
>echo $homepage;

You already said that, even with the same typo.

>We personally thank you for the time you took to read this master
>piece of problem and we appreciate the time you took to help.
>
>Have a nice and desirable day,

You should definitely stop smoking, whatever it is.

Micha
From: Curtis Dyer on
Michael Fesser <netizen(a)gmx.de> wrote:

> .oO(Pseudonyme)

<snip>

>>The point is : (1) "our team totally hate javascripts because we
>>believe it is consuming to much electricity for the user." (2)
>>"our team believe that we can save users session times on our
>>servers, and electricity of our servers".
>
> What are you smoking, car tires? There are reasons to prefer a
> server- side language over JS in cases like this, but yours is
> just nonsense.

Seeing as how JavaScript uses so much power, it must have done a
number on the OP's tires. :-)

<snip>

--
Curtis Dyer
<? $x='<? $x=%c%s%c;printf($x,39,$x,39);?>';printf($x,39,$x,39);?>
From: Johannes Keßler on
On 23/03/10 21:17, Pseudonyme wrote:
> Hi All !
>
> We are proposing a tool that indicates the exact time from the
> certified world time servers.

<snip>

Err, wait.... Writing an E-Mail and using a PC consumes also electricity.
So better you turn it off to avoid a electricity blackout...

From: Geoff Berrow on
On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 00:27:24 +0100, Michael Fesser <netizen(a)gmx.de>
wrote:

>>Have a nice and desirable day,
>
>You should definitely stop smoking, whatever it is.

Heh.. exactly what I was thinking. But I suspect a lot has been lost
in translation and in particular in the use of the word 'electricity'.

So the question seems to be, if we want to display the time on a
webpage should we use the server or the client machine?

If we use the client machine we have to assume the clock is set
correctly.

If we use the server, we have to determine the locale of the user.

If it's needed for a critical process, server time should be used. If
it's eye candy why even bother, I have enough sources of time around
me, I don't need it on a webpage.

--
Geoff Berrow (Put thecat out to email)
It's only Usenet, no one dies.