From: pfisterfarm on
We have a PIX 525 running 7.2(2). Recently, without any network
changes, one particular webserver in the DMZ network became
unreachable. Other webservers in that same network can be reached as
normal. In doing packet captures both inside and in the dmz, it looks
like the page request goes out and the page comes back and gets as far
as the dmz interface. In packet captures on the inside network, an ACK
is received from the server for the page request, and that's the last
thing received on that session. Subsequent attempts seem normal until
that point, too.

We have a standby PIX and we've tried doing a failover to that, and
that device is showing the same behavior.
From: flamer die.spam on
On Apr 1, 8:51 am, pfisterfarm <pfisterf...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> We have a PIX 525 running 7.2(2). Recently, without any network
> changes, one particular webserver in the DMZ network became
> unreachable. Other webservers in that same network can be reached as
> normal. In doing packet captures both inside and in the dmz, it looks
> like the page request goes out and the page comes back and gets as far
> as the dmz interface. In packet captures on the inside network, an ACK
> is received from the server for the page request, and that's the last
> thing received on that session. Subsequent attempts seem normal until
> that point, too.
>
> We have a standby PIX and we've tried doing a failover to that, and
> that device is showing the same behavior.

replace the NIC in the webserver maybe