From: Avier on
just for check

IS there any way to produce a PN sequence from all zero intial state.

that is all zeros in shift regiters

From: John on
On Feb 4, 3:19 pm, "Avier" <shahanwark...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> just for check
>
> IS there any way to produce a PN sequence from all zero  intial state.
>
> that is all zeros in shift regiters

I believe the all-zeros state is never legal because it would cause
all subsequent outputs to be zero.
From: Avier on
>On Feb 4, 3:19=A0pm, "Avier" <shahanwark...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>> just for check
>>
>> IS there any way to produce a PN sequence from all zero =A0intial
state.

>> that is all zeros in shift regiters
>
>I believe the all-zeros state is never legal because it would cause
>all subsequent outputs to be zero.

thats the question can we come out of all zeros state
From: Rob Gaddi on
On Thu, 04 Feb 2010 14:52:27 -0600
"Avier" <shahanwarkhan(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> >On Feb 4, 3:19=A0pm, "Avier" <shahanwark...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> just for check
> >>
> >> IS there any way to produce a PN sequence from all zero =A0intial
> state.
> >>
> >> that is all zeros in shift regiters
> >
> >I believe the all-zeros state is never legal because it would cause
> >all subsequent outputs to be zero.
> >

> thats the question can we come out of all zeros state

A LFSR based PN sequence can be implemented using XOR or XNOR
feedback. One generates a system in which all-zeros is the hang
state. For the other, all-ones is the hang state instead.

--
Rob Gaddi, Highland Technology
Email address is currently out of order
From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

John wrote:

> On Feb 4, 3:19 pm, "Avier" <shahanwark...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>just for check
>>
>>IS there any way to produce a PN sequence from all zero intial state.
>>
>>that is all zeros in shift regiters
>

> I believe the all-zeros state is never legal because it would cause
> all subsequent outputs to be zero.

You can modify LSFR by sticking an additional invertor into it. This
will take care of all zero state however the sequence will stil have 2^N
- 1 "normal" states.

VLV