From: S Paine on
My desktop runs XP with Outlook 2003. Attached to office network. Network
has an Exchange server. I have three email accts set up: Exchange - my
office email; a POP3 acct which is my personal acct; and an IMAP acct using
gmail. I have no problem with the Exchange acct or with the IMAP acct. I
receive email via the POP3 acct. My Outlook is always trying to send on the
POP3 but is unable to do that. I don't care. I want to turn off sending on
the POP3 but receive the POP3 email. I think the constant effort to send on
the POP3 acct is slowing my Outlook performance. Any suggestions?
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"S Paine" <SPaine(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> My desktop runs XP with Outlook 2003. Attached to office network. Network
> has an Exchange server. I have three email accts set up: Exchange - my
> office email; a POP3 acct which is my personal acct; and an IMAP acct using
> gmail. I have no problem with the Exchange acct or with the IMAP acct. I
> receive email via the POP3 acct. My Outlook is always trying to send on the
> POP3 but is unable to do that. I don't care. I want to turn off sending on
> the POP3 but receive the POP3 email. I think the constant effort to send on
> the POP3 acct is slowing my Outlook performance. Any suggestions?

Press Alt+Ctrl+S. Select the Send/Receive Group containing the POP account
and click Edit. Select the POP account in the pane on the left, then uncheck
the box labeled "Send mail items". Click OK, then Close.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]