From: JP Bless on
And I forgot to menthion calculating and keeping track of the ever-present
sales (taxes). That is if they do charge sales taxes in your State.

From: Ralph on

> And I forgot to menthion calculating and keeping track of the ever-present
> sales (taxes). That is if they do charge sales taxes in your State.

Lets us not leave out credit card validation and approval, which customers
take for granted should be seemless and instantaneous. <g>

-ralph

From: JP Bless on
Huge pain in the %$*$

From: SergeK on
dave wrote:
> Hi
> I m thinking to build application point of sale system using VB.
> I have never done before so I'm very much new and couldnt understand
where
> should i start from.
> Can anyone guide me?
> Can any one suggest how to print to epson tm88iii printer using vb
> code...becoz we are going to use that printer...
> Thanx in advance
> dave

First fo all you should create a database with Products table. You can
use MS Access. Add to the table next fields:
ProductKey,ProductCode,Description,Price. Create in the VB the Form for
edit Product records using ADO connection. Then create Invoice(or
Sales Receipt) table and IvoiceDetail table. The Invoice table has next
fields InvoiceNumber,Date,Customer, PaymentTerms, SubTotal,Tax,Shipping
and Total. The Invoice Detail has fields
InvoiceNumber,ProductKey,Quantity,Price,Extension. Now you can create
form for edit Invoice and Invoice Detail using text boxes for Invoice
and datagrid for edit Invoice Detail records.If you'll be able to do
these forms you can create your first POS in certain time.

Serge
www.executivpro.com Golden and Silver Inventory systems.

From: Dale on
Serge, that sounds like just barely the tip of the iceberg in just the
backoffice part, there's the frontend for the cashiers too. As some of
the people mentioned above, it's is not an easy thing to write a POS
system. I have only done things on the periphery within an existing
system and just to show how hard it is ... I always have tons of work to
customer stuff for customers either because a feature is missing or it
doesn't work properly or not at all. My work is in the backoffice end
though mostly.