From: Chris Morse on
On Jan 26, 1:14 pm, Jesse Houwing <jesse.houw...(a)newsgroup.nospam>
wrote:
> I think you've interpreted the actual meaning of the property
> incorrectly. The documentation states that setting this property to
> false, instructs the application to not keep a copy of the data around
> after transferring it to the server. It does not say it should send the
> data as soon as it has it available.

Everything I've read indicates that setting this property to False
will cause data to be written to the server immediately, without any
local buffering. MSDN mentions using this as a workaround to running
out of memory when sending large files (for example, 500MB files),
since there is no limit to the local memory used for buffering.

> On the other hand, the property SendChuncked, does allow you to instruct
> the WebRequest to send the data when it becomes available:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.net.httpwebrequest.sen...

I'm aware of chunked uploads. I was hoping to figure out why this
method was not working when it (clearly, to me, anyhow) should and
did, a little while ago.

On another note, I just created a .NET 2.0 version of this test and I
get the exact same results. Frustrating, because I know this was
working in December when I last worked on it.

// CHRIS