From: rjf2 on
> From: Jeanina Worden
>
> When running PROC COMPARE between two datasets I occasionally
> run into the situation where, when there is a discrepancy,
> the labels do not print on the output. So, all the
> information listed for the attribute error looks the same
> though it is the unprinted label that is the problem. I use
> the same code each time and, in other comparisons, get all
> the information if there is a problem:
>
> proc compare base=newfile.db_base compare=qc_db_base
> maxprint=(10,1000) listvar error; run;
>
> Is there a limit on the length of the line for the error
> description or something like that?

examine the linesize option:

proc options define value option = linesize;

options linesize = max;

Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov
From: charles.harbour on
If you're looking for the limitations on proc compare, look at the
documentation--you <are> limited to what the report will print. If you're
already using the LIST option on proc compare, you may have to go fishing
for your discrepancies independently of proc compare (merge, proc sql) and
then dump them out to look at them.

Proc compare is meant to give you a quick overview/report, not actually
show you the differences.

HTH,
CH

On Mon, 14 May 2007 09:23:41 -0400, Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI)
<rjf2(a)CDC.GOV> wrote:

>> From: Jeanina Worden
>>
>> When running PROC COMPARE between two datasets I occasionally
>> run into the situation where, when there is a discrepancy,
>> the labels do not print on the output. So, all the
>> information listed for the attribute error looks the same
>> though it is the unprinted label that is the problem. I use
>> the same code each time and, in other comparisons, get all
>> the information if there is a problem:
>>
>> proc compare base=newfile.db_base compare=qc_db_base
>> maxprint=(10,1000) listvar error; run;
>>
>> Is there a limit on the length of the line for the error
>> description or something like that?
>
>examine the linesize option:
>
>proc options define value option = linesize;
>
>options linesize = max;
>
>Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov

Pages: 1
Prev: Problem with infile
Next: Bayesian regression