From: Elmo on
Jan Philips wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 17:01:56 -0400, Jan Philips
> <youknowwhat.mccranie(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I'm having problems with the default email program.
>
> I did. We don't think Thunderbird is the problem because if I set the
> default email program to Outlook Express it has the same problem.

Try setting it in one more place.. click Start, "Set program access and
defaults", click the "Expand" arrows to the right of "Custom", under
"Choose a default email program", click the box to the left of "Mozilla
Thunderbird" and OK your way out.

--
Joe =o)
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
1. Start | Settings | Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Set Program
Access and Defaults | Custom (<=important!) | Choose a default email
program: Select "Thunderbird" here (not "Use my current...").

Illustration: http://www.winsupersite.com/images/reviews/xp_sp1_beta_03.gif

2. Set Thunderbird as your default for Mail in IE Tools | Internet Options |
Programs, too.

Jan Philips wrote:
> I'm having problems with the default email program.
>
> When I would right-click on a photo and "send to mail recipient",
> SeaMonkey would come up. Thunderbird was set as my default email
> program. In Thunderbird I told it to be my default program and to
> check each time it starts. Under Internet options/programs,
> Thunderbird was set as the default. I tried resetting these, but
> SeaMonkey kept coming up. I tried a program called DefaultMail, told
> it to set the default to Thunderbird, it said "done", but I still had
> the problem.
>
> I uninstalled SeaMonkey but then no program would come up. It would
> give the window asking if I wanted to reduce the size of the photo
> file and another little window saying that it was preparing to send
> the email, but it never would bring up a program. I went through all
> of the steps above again, but nothing worked.
>
> I have XP SP3 with all of the updates. I think this problem started
> after I updated SeaMonkey.
>
> How can I get the default email program set properly?

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Sending out mass (group) fax
Next: Missing files