From: Jan Philips on
I'm having problems with the default email program.

When I would right-click on a photo and "send to mail recipient",
SeaMonkey would come up. Thunderbird was set as my default email
program. In Thunderbird I told it to be my default program and to
check each time it starts. Under Internet options/programs,
Thunderbird was set as the default. I tried resetting these, but
SeaMonkey kept coming up. I tried a program called DefaultMail, told
it to set the default to Thunderbird, it said "done", but I still had
the problem.

I uninstalled SeaMonkey but then no program would come up. It would
give the window asking if I wanted to reduce the size of the photo
file and another little window saying that it was preparing to send
the email, but it never would bring up a program. I went through all
of the steps above again, but nothing worked.

I have XP SP3 with all of the updates. I think this problem started
after I updated SeaMonkey.

How can I get the default email program set properly?
--
Replace you know what by j to email
From: Unknown on
Find Thunderbird newsgroup and post there.

From: Bernd on

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> I'm having problems with the default email program.
>
> When I would right-click on a photo and "send to mail recipient",
> SeaMonkey would come up. Thunderbird was set as my default email
> program. In Thunderbird I told it to be my default program and to
> check each time it starts. Under Internet options/programs,
> Thunderbird was set as the default. I tried resetting these, but
> SeaMonkey kept coming up. I tried a program called DefaultMail, told
> it to set the default to Thunderbird, it said "done", but I still had
> the problem.
>
> I uninstalled SeaMonkey but then no program would come up. It would
> give the window asking if I wanted to reduce the size of the photo
> file and another little window saying that it was preparing to send
> the email, but it never would bring up a program. I went through all
> of the steps above again, but nothing worked.
>
> I have XP SP3 with all of the updates. I think this problem started
> after I updated SeaMonkey.
>
> How can I get the default email program set properly?

Look here:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sendtomail.htm

Bernd
From: Jan Philips on
On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 17:01:56 -0400, Jan Philips
<youknowwhat.mccranie(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>I'm having problems with the default email program.

I did. We don't think Thunderbird is the problem because if I set the
default email program to Outlook Express it has the same problem.
--
Replace you know what by j to email
From: Jan Philips on
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 00:07:03 +0200, Bernd <fake(a)gmx.de> wrote:

>http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sendtomail.htm

That is the problem I'm having. I tried that suggestion. The command
said that it succeeded, but setting the email program to Thunderbird
or OE still has the same problem. And I rebooted just to be safe -
same problem.
--
Replace you know what by j to email
 |  Next  |  Last